Parliament live updates | Rajya Sabha proceedings begin

0
6

According to an official order, the first leg of the Budget Session is scheduled to conclude today in an extended sitting of the Upper House till 3 p.m. The sitting for Saturday is cancelled. It was earlier decided that the Session would conclude on February 13 instead of on February 15.

The second leg of the Session will commence on March 8.

Here are the updates:

Rajya Sabha | 9 am

Zero Hour begins

Rajmani Patel of Congress asks that a Buddhist temple in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa be developed as a national heritage site.

B. Lingaiah Yadav of TRS speaks in Telugu.

Maharaja Sanajaoba Leishemba of BJP asks that the Manipuri language in Manipuri script be included in the Indian currency notes.

Ashok Siddharth of BSP says 60 lakh Dalit children should get 100% scholarship. Thawar Chand Gehlot responds, “according to the ongoing scheme, the funds had to be shared by States and Centre. Many States were deprived of funds due to the ration, we changed that and said that 60% will  be paid by Centre and remaining 40% by States. Centre continues to provide the funding.”

Mujibullah Khan of BJD asks if the toilets built under Swaccha Bharat scheme are seen only on paper. “I want to know this from the Centre. There are anomalies in its implementation. Make a squad to go and check in States if toilets are indeed being constructed.”

K. Ravindra Kumar of TDP speaks in Telugu.

Agenda

Rajya Sabha

Reports to be presented:

Reports of the department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence

Reports of the department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development

Reports of the department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment

Report of the Committee on Empowerment of Women

General Discussion on the Union Budget

Agenda

Lok Sabha

Reports to be presented:

Reports of Committee on Petitions

Report of Committee on Empowerment of Women

Reports of Standing Committee on Defence

Reports of Standing Committee on Rural Development

Reports of Standing Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment

General Discussion on the Union Budget

Legislative business:

The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (for consideration and passing)

Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020 (consideration of Rajya Sabha amendments)

Private Members’ business discussion

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here